Organisations affected by the recent storms can apply for up to £15,000 from the Sport England Storm Relief Fund.
Storm-damaged facilities could soon be back up and running thanks to Sport England's new Storm Relief Fund.
Organisations with facilities – such as clubhouses, courts and pitches – affected by the recent storms can now apply for grants of up to £15,000 from the emergency storm damage option to of Sport England's Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Activity Fund.
What can funding be used for?
The money could be used to repair storm-damaged building and roofs, grass and artificial pitches, decontaminate flooded clubhouses, replace damaged electrical systems or clear blocked drains.
Other items needed may include the hire of skips, pressure hoses or tarpaulins to secure exposed buildings (for use only when safe to do so).
Who can apply?
Your organisation can apply if you’re responsible for the facility and:
- a not-for-profit voluntary group or sports organisation
- a not-for-profit community club or organisation
- a registered charity
- a not-for-profit company
- a community interest company (CIC) with three directors or other social enterprise
- a leisure operator, operating a single site
- a public body such as a local authority, parish or town council, education establishment (you will need to provide £:£ matched funding).