The NSRA (National Small-bore Rifle Association) is the national governing body for the sport of Target Shooting www.nsra.co.uk and is based at the home of Shooting in Bisley, Surrey. We have an opportunity for a self-motivated salesperson to join our retail business, NSRA Shop, which is currently open Wednesday – Sunday 09.00 – 16.00.
Following a recent restructuring the full-time role has become available ie 35 hours per week. You will be working in a busy environment serving customers, fulfilling and preparing orders for shipment. Further information about the business can be found on www.nsrashop.co.uk.
If you are a skilled salesperson with a passion for customer service and an ability to build ongoing relationships with our customers we would like to hear from you. Shooting knowledge is preferable but not essential as full training will be provided.
The other main requirements are as follows:
- Must be over 18
- Computer literate when working with Word, Excel, Email and the Internet
- Strong communication and social skills
- A team player with a flexible approach to work
- Naturally uses initiative
- Enjoys working with the public and always aims to deliver outstanding customer service
- Responds to inbound customer email and phone enquiries in a timely and courteous manner
- Prepare orders for shipment including packing, arranging collection/delivery and preparation of invoices
- Ensures the inventory management system is kept up to date with all sales recorded
- Keep the NSRA Ltd GM and senior colleagues updated on any new enquiries and special orders
- Working with the finance department, ensure outstanding accounts are settled as per our trading terms
- Ensure the security of all firearms and ammunition stored onsite for the NSRA Shop
- Maintain the firearms and ammunition registers as per Section 40 (Schedule 4) of the Firearms Act 1968
- Liaise with Bisley Sports Wholesale to ensure regular and accurate internal communication
- Be available to work in other areas of the Lord Roberts Centre should additional cover be required
Training will be provided, 20 days paid holiday plus bank holidays will be available and following successful completion of a probationary period pension options will be confirmed.
Please note all employees are required to complete a Full DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check to confirm their suitability to work in an environment where firearms are stored.