Photo credit: Scottish Small-bore Rifle Association.
The range at Lauder, set in the grounds of Thirlestane Castle, is the ideal setting for the NSRA Scottish Rifle Meeting. Many shooters have provided constructive feedback regarding improvements. The Rifle Committee have listened to the points raised by competitors and because this is the 100th Meeting we have sanctioned the below range improvements:
- The firing point is being raised, levelled and covered with new matting.
- Protection from intrusion by cattle for future years
- The grass will be cut early this year.
Once again there will be no demotions at Scotland as this was seen by some competitors as a barrier to entry especially if they had only just been promoted at the previous Bisley Meeting.
There will be a Special Raffle drawn using each competitor’s number and volunteers will also be included in this draw. To date the raffle prizes include:
- Free entry to NSRA Bisley Meeting Aggregate 2019
- Free entry to NSRA Scottish Meeting Aggregate 2020
- Voucher for 1 nights B & B at the George & Abbotsford Hotel, Melrose
- £20 voucher for use at the Cross Keys Hotel, Kelso
- £50 voucher for use at the Number 4 Gallery, St Abbs
- £10 voucher to be used in Abbey Fine Wines, Melrose
- Bottle of Whisky donated by Peter Westbrook
- Bottle of Champagne donated by Nutty Bees
- Books from Mainstreet Trading Company, Newton St Boswells
- Fox Firearms - Gift
- The Gallery in Melrose - Gift
- Manchester Guns - Gift
The NSRA invite the donation of more prizes.
We look forward to welcoming you to Lauder and feel sure you will enjoy the event.